Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Morning walk with my Dad

This morning I woke up at 6 am. That´s about 3 hours before there will be any stirring in this household. I decided to take a walk into town. The small town where we are staying is called Son Bou. It's 1.6 miles from the house (mileage compliments of Mr. Garmin and yesterdays run.)

My way into town involves going down what I have so affectionately named Murder Hill.

Going down.



Going up.



Buns of steel. Right there.

As I walked this morning I enjoyed the sounds of the morning, the sounds of a new day starting, and the sounds of U2.

U2 takes me back to my childhood. Driving with my dad, singing along to "Where the streets have no name" and countless more. It's amazing how music can transport you.

My father and I are both on vacation right now. Both at the beach. Different continents, coasts and time zones. I know he'll also be waking up around 6 - long before anyone else. Perhaps he'll share his morning with Bono as well.

Regardless, it's a Beautiful Day. Thanks for the walk Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment